I Think We Need To Talk...


Our MySpace: Be Our Friend

We Dig This Stuff:
Scamper
Okay Thursday
Harris
Kay Hanley
The Boston Red Sox
Teddy's Sports and Politics Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Happy Belated Pearl Harbor Day

Can you believe this isn't a more notable holiday? I really should've only had a four day work week. America has no respect for its history. (Or I just wanted another paid day off)

Well, Christmas is a short 2 weeks from tomorrow (I do get that day off!). I have purchased one present. It was really only because my little sister is in New Zealand and in order to get her DVD set of "Felicity: Season Two" to her on time, it needed to be sent. I'm still not convinced it'll be there for her on Christmas, but close enough.

I've realized I don't want or need anything for Christmas. This is difficult for my family to swallow. I told them to give me money; my family hates giving money as a Christmas gift. I found a few books and am driving up to New Hampshire (cause it's tax free) to go shopping with my mom and dad (who are convinced they'll find something I need) on Saturday. This should be interesting, awful and possibly productive all at the same time.

There is nothing more I hate than going to a mall (it's definitely in the Top 5 things I hate list). I avoid shopping at all costs during the year, but without fail, I'll have to go at Christmastime. This is hell on earth in its purest form. I vowed to do all my shopping online this year, but obviously I'm a slacker and that's not going to happen (unless I pay out the wahzoo for shipping--what IS handling anyways?!). So, mall it is. I will be the cranky bitch rolling my eyes at your cell phone conversations and indecisiveness at the register. Say hi.

I'm really enjoying Diet Pepsi Jazz in the Strawberries and Creme flavor. It's terribly delicious. I've also been cooking again. I made Pumpkin Ale chicken with apple stuffing Friday for dinner and Cinnamon Egg Nog French Toast for Saturday's breakfast. I've also become reunited with Cap'n Crunch Berries. It seems they don't grate the roof of your mouth as much anymore. This is a great advancement in the technology of cereal making.

If you're not up to anything tonight, my tip for you is to head over to the Abbey Lounge in Somerville, MA and check out my dear pals in Okay Thursday. They will jangle your jingles and then some. I hope to see you there.

Remember to give back too. If there is someone you don't know too well, but need to get a gift for, donate money to a charity in their name and make up a little card informing them of this. It's a great way to spread some cheer during the holidays. :)

xo
s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home