I Think We Need To Talk...


Our MySpace: Be Our Friend

We Dig This Stuff:
Scamper
Okay Thursday
Harris
Kay Hanley
The Boston Red Sox
Teddy's Sports and Politics Blog

Saturday, November 11, 2006

9 Months

Hey there all. Yes I was busy last week. Give me a break.

So as some of you know I had a long term boyfriend of 2 1/2 years and we broke up last January. It was for the better, and there was a proposal in the works had things not ended then. So.. fine. It was tough at first as most break ups are, but I moved on with my life and have been very good about it. Until this week.

I dont know why, but I have gotten sort of sentimental about things. Dont get me wrong, I am not wishing we were together. At all. My ex and I have not stayed friends because he had a really hard time when I started dating other people. I think I had always sort of imagined in the back of my head that when he was ready and dating other people as well, we would someday be friends. So last night, I said that to my roomate (who works with him) and she was like "You guys will never be friends. Ever." And it totally got to me. I dont know why. My roomate was not trying to be mean. She was just giving me her honest opinion. Maybe its a reality I needed to face, but I guess its just harder than I thought it would be. That doesnt make it bad, just unexpected I guess.

Tip of the day: Someone once told me it takes at least a full year to get over a relationship. They said you have to go through all the holidays and experience everything without that person to move on.

XOXO.

-Miranda

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Marmorek said...

Two years to get into a relationship, and two years to get out. At least, that's what my therapist told me.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home