I Think We Need To Talk...


Our MySpace: Be Our Friend

We Dig This Stuff:
Scamper
Okay Thursday
Harris
Kay Hanley
The Boston Red Sox
Teddy's Sports and Politics Blog

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sometimes People Are Busy

Sorry for the week of nothing. I started my new job and Miranda was...well, she was busy too I guess. I don't know exactly what she's been up to, but I'm sure it included work as well.

I will soon be posting a YouTube link to my dear friends of Harris performing as The Police from Halloween night. It was amazing and I really think that everyone should click on the link and love them the same way I do.

For my first weekend after the first week of commuting/working a real job again, I decided to just take it easy. Apparently the powers that be had other plans.

My day of doing laundry and maybe taking a bubble bath quickly became shopping for a dress, dinner with an old friend, going to see Scamper, meeting up with some friends to go to a cocktail party (hence the dress) and ending the evening at a Halloween party (hosted in the apartment of a Take It From Us reader, who I got to meet briefly). It certainly was a far cry from what I had planned, but I rolled with it. It certainly was not as fun as it was hoped to have been. I think it's safe to say that the party lifestyle is no longer my thing (as it was really only selectively as such before anyway, it's really even more so now). The more enjoyable moments were spent getting down to the last 20 pages or so of a book I had been reading and just people watching/joking around with friends at the absurdity of our surroundings. I guess it just happens at some point.

It was a fun though. I enjoyed catching up with people whose company I forget I enjoy so much. I was tired though (and wearing a red velvet dress with heels) and ready to go home. I swung by a third party at Miranda's neighbors, but quickly left. I had had my fill and that was that.

A special shout out goes to my superawesome friend who kept me awake on the ride home.

As suspected, my entries are probably not going to be so interesting.

Tip: Relationships in the workplace are fine by me. I've seen living proof that they can work out very well. Make sure you give it time though. I'm just sayin'. I mean, if someone JUST started working at an office and maybe you're a courier for the offices (because of their 2 locations) and on the 5th day of said girl working there, you ask for her number in addition to her signing for the package...you will make her feel awkward and silly. If she's said nothing more than "Hi", "Bye" and "Have a good day" to you, it's not worth making it weird.


xoxo
s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home