I Think We Need To Talk...


Our MySpace: Be Our Friend

We Dig This Stuff:
Scamper
Okay Thursday
Harris
Kay Hanley
The Boston Red Sox
Teddy's Sports and Politics Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2006

How Would You Remember?

I recently (as in, today) got back in touch with an old friend through MySpace (oh, myspace). I have many memories of us hanging out and our families used to go on vacations together. It was awful, but we always stuck together and made the best of it. Sometimes we'd even have fun.

He replied to my "hey, what have you been up to the last 7 years?" message with a memory of me. I don't really remember this happening, but it sounds like the kind of thing that easily would have happened between the two of us. We were a little off.

"Probably the biggest memory I have of you is when you put me in the bathroom closet while you were going to the bathroom, and then you're mom coming in and opening the closet with the weirdest look on her face, haha."

Is this how I want to be remembered? I don't know. It's definitely interesting and different. I'll take it. I mean, I didn't just go shoving any teenage boys in closets while I did my business. Not that I have a choice, but I guess being remembered in that way will have to do.

Isn't it funny how sometimes someone can remember you for something you don't even recall happening and isn't even a blip in your memory radar? I found this exchange just pricelessly hysterical.

I've been on a roll today when it comes to finding old friends on MySpace.

While you're at it... Add us why don't ya

And really... you should listen to my friend if you read this before 8pm on Sunday, November 12. You have 2hrs. You'll be okay. He may even tell you that you never have to go to the gas station again. Seriously.

"Hey Sophie, are you going to just plug shit today?"

Why yes. Yes I am.

WFNX is having a little contest in which you can win tickets to the Boston Phoenix's 40th Anniversary Party on Thurday, November 16th. OkGo are playing (they danced in their backyard and then took treadmills to a whole new level. they used to just tell you not to ask them how they've been, tell you you're so damn hot and then they would tell you to get over it--too many references? sorry), and guess who's opening? Did you guess Scamper? You're right. You should join FNX's "Friends With Benefits" mailing list and see if you can score a ticket. This is something you won't want to miss.

Also, my dad (of all people) called me today to inform me that he was phoning a friend. I thought it was time to put him in a home or something, when really he was playing an online version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". You can find rip off versions of your favorite game show here. My favorite name change is "Booyah!" for "Press Your Luck". Get sucked into it. Thanks, dad!

In case I forget, my little cousin turns 17 on Thursday and I hope she has a great birthday. 17. Those were the days.

xoxo
s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home