I Think We Need To Talk...


Our MySpace: Be Our Friend

We Dig This Stuff:
Scamper
Okay Thursday
Harris
Kay Hanley
The Boston Red Sox
Teddy's Sports and Politics Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

I Bet That You'd Look Good On The Dance Floor

So, I went to the Milky Way in JP last night to support my dear super awesome friends in Okay Thursday (along with the Motion Sick and the Channels who you should totally check out). It seemed a calm enough evening as I sat down and had some food. Terribly inappropriate banter between friends is always classy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The show was great, but shortly after OkTh's set things became interesting. I was actually told that this story HAD to go in the blog. I think this was a first. It's almost inspiration to update the damn thing more. Sorry, continuing..

There was a girl there. She was named after some wine. "-encia" was about all I was able to recover. We all came to know and love her as "half full". It started off innocent with her telling me she liked my shirt. Then she came over to me, put her arm around me and took a picture of the two of us. Okay, whatever. It was funny.

I can't remember the exact series in which the following events happened but here's a rundown of where it went from bad to worse:

- She began doing some form of what I can only describe as "interpretive dance". The main arguement was whether or not she was a trained dancer. It was a cross between Tai Chi, booty popping and belly dancing...I think. It was honestly one of those things that you couldn't help but stare, but were afraid to look too long.

- She saw me on my way to the bathroom, pointed at me with a big grin and yelled "YOOOOUUU!" in a very Seinfeld way. On my way back, she followed me and began tickling me from behind. I had officially lost all idea of what the hell was going on. I also witnessed her taking a picture with her crotch on a pool table. This further proves my point.

- A friend and I thought it would be funny to go up and do jazz hands around her while she was "dancing". This turned out to be too embarassing and we failed this task miserably. The downfall was that this meant she thought we wanted to dance. The struggle begins.

Okay, so as I try to hide behind friends, she pulls me towards her and the area of which she had been dancing. I want nothing to do with this and literally start clawing at my friends in hopes that they will save me. My friends suck. Digging my feet in, I managed to escape.

At one point I think I'm in the clear and then she holds my hand, stands in front of me and says "look. you're really hot. i want you to dance with me. i want to do things to you on the dance floor"

I tried to be polite--I think I was. Either way, it was a classic moment to be quoted, laughed about and now told in a blog.

I don't even know how to put any of this advice into tip form, but just don't do what she did. Plain and simple.

xoxo
-s

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...look out: photos exist. that's all i'm saying...well, that, and i concur: that girl was a freak. she ran outta there like she was on fire.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PICS MUST BE POSTED!!!

and video?! maybe?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Peter Marmorek said...

Tell her to move to Toronto...she'd fit right in on Church St, and we're more tolerant here.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home