I Think We Need To Talk...


Our MySpace: Be Our Friend

We Dig This Stuff:
Scamper
Okay Thursday
Harris
Kay Hanley
The Boston Red Sox
Teddy's Sports and Politics Blog

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Winter is Finally Here--Brrrr

Hey-

So I figured it was finally time to get my act together and put up a new post. I was lucky enough to see Sophie 3 times in the past week, both at the Kay show, Hot Stove and at my soiree.

I wish I had something happier to post about but I wanted to take a few minutes to rant about one of my few loves that always seems to lead to heartbreak: The Boston Celtics.

So far I've been to 6 games this season, of the 6, they have won 0. However, they are 12-22 the rest of the time, so I don't start pointing any fingers yet :) Last night marked the 8th straight loss for the Celts...the only team it seems with a longer losing record is Philly at 12 games...but they are the only ones behind us in the division, so that doesnt help soothe my spirits much.

Its not the losses that bother me per say.. I mean.. yes.. it sucks that they lose...but its HOW they lose. It always seems to be a heartbreaker recently. Take last night. They were down by over 20 points last night, and with 8 seconds left, they were within a basket. They were within 3 with a few minutes left, and I blinked and it was back to almost 7. They repeatedly get your hopes up, and then they crush them, seemingly without fail.

I know there are lots of things that could explain this and its a laundry list of things and we could start anywhere... injuries.. inexperience... etc etc etc. However, I have been very impressed with Al Jefferson and Delonte West lately. If I am not mistaken, in both Friday and last nights game, each had 25 points, and Big Al had a Double-Double in both. Gomes had a solid 20 points last night too. So think about how this could be playing out if Szczerbiak, Pierce and Allen were healthy too. Then, the Celtics would be all over the airwaves. I think a lot of this comes down to coaching. I have not been a fan of Doc at all this season. I respect him, and think he could be an effective coach in a different enviroment, but I still maintain that he is not the coach for the Celts right now. They need someone to get in and light their fire. And I dont see Doc being the one to do that.

I guess time will tell. The all star game is Feb 18th. The starting line ups are going to be announced Thursday. Things are looking pretty grim. But... things have to turn around at some point... and I'm hoping its sooner than later.

Thats all for now.

XOXO.

-Miranda

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Marmorek said...

I suppose it's cruel to point out how well the Raptors are doing, but have you noticed how well the Raptors are doing? :)

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home